Monday, May 16, 2011

Don't forget about Self Portraits!

Hi Friends!
My apologies for not posting more regularly.  I just want to take this moment to say thank you for sticking with me even through the Ankle Biter dry spells.  Life is busy and is only gonna get busier in the next month or two, where I can guarantee Ankle Biter posts will be few and far between, but I promise not to stay away for too long and I hope you stay with me!  My husband and I will be moving to the other side of the country at the end of June, so that's gonna be eating up a ton of my Ankle Biter blogging time.  Also, I'm currently busy with several projects...one of which being a new blog that I've started to begin to help promote my new art business that will be launching in the next few months.  It's a slightly more personal blog where I share random tid-bits of my life and art studio as well as crafty DIY projects (more for grown-ups than ankle biters).  :-)  If your interested in learning some arts & craft projects for yourself while the kids are napping or just want to discover some of the artists and artsy loves that I share, subscribe to http://diaryofafeatherhead.blogspot.com/

Today, I'm going to share a quick and easy project...since that's all I have time for tonight.  :-)  It's a perfect "go to" suggestion  for a drawing or painting project that can be easily forgotten, but if you're ever stuck for an idea to keep the small ones busy, bust out a mirror and have them make a self portrait.  Kids love looking at themselves, so of course they'd love drawing what they see!  You'd be surprised at the difference between a self portrait done with and without a mirror.  Also keep in mind that artistic license still takes control every now and then and they might just want to draw their eyes purple when they're really hazel and give themselves black hair when it's really blond....and that is beautiful too.

This self portrait was done by Noah, a boy that I nannied.
He was 3 & 1/2 years old when he made this.
Until next time...have fun & get messy!
XO, Miss Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment