Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tackling Technology...and Someday a Blog Header.

I have never been the most technologically savvy girl and although I'm quite creative and crafty in the hands-on realm of artsy things, I am embarrassingly clumsy with doing anything creative on a computer. In my early PC days, my poor boyfriend (now my awesome husband) would ever so patiently have to fix all the things I managed to do wrong on my computer...and I screwed up EVERYTHING...a lot. Doug (the husband) is a staunch Microsoft PC guy and is very quick to slam Apple, but when it came time for me to get a new computer, he said something to the effect of..."Good grief woman, get a Mac!" Maybe I'm dramatizing a bit, but it was he who suggested that perhaps I would gel better with a Mac, and he was so right. Who breathed a big sigh of relief when she discovered that she wasn't a total ditz with computers? Yep, this girl.

iLoveMacModern1680x1050.jpeg
Mac Love


I "get" Macs. They make things easy for me and they appeal to my desire to look at pretty things. I can figure most things out on my own and I don't screw up nearly as often as I did with PC's. Best of all, I don't have to constantly make Doug recover things that I lost! All that being said...I still SUCK as doing creative things on a computer! Granted, I haven't put too much effort into learning.

A portrait of Miss Jenna.jpeg
A portrait of "Miss Jenna"


I edited this drawing that one of my Kindergartners did of me on Pixlr.com ...seriously what I did in an hour could've been done by most normal people in 10 minutes. Cropping, removing the name of the child to insert "Ankle-Biter Art", and painting out the lines of the paper (badly)....this is what I did and I am THIS proud? Lame. Now I just have to figure out how to make the image into a header for this blog! Look for that in 2011.

So, I've graduated from a pathetically inept PC user to an adequate Mac lover. I then discovered Facebook, thanks to the encouragement of my friend Suzy...and then the world of blogging. Oh my, what a community THAT is! I had no idea. Blog reader becomes blogger...and now we're pretty much caught up! Ankle-Biter Art now has a Facebook page! Dare I say I'm blossoming into a bona-fide computer junkie? Oh...and I've been trying out Twitter too!  FeatherheadArt ... Amazing. One day I'll figure out how to make beautiful things using Photoshop or Illustrator.

Kids these days are light years ahead of me, with having the computer access and education they do now. All I did on a computer in grade school was play the Oregon Trail and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

Fall art project are coming soon! Until then, have fun & get messy! - Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment